Sunday, November 20, 2011

Angel off the tree

The other day Sienna and I were at Walmart and she saw the christmas tree in the front of the store. She asked if she could see it and then inquired about what was on the trees. I explained that these were Angels and people would pick out an angel and buy christmas presents for them. I asked Sienna if she wanted to be someone's angel and we went and picked out a 10 yr old girl. We then went around and picked out gifts for our new friend. We picked out some clothes, socks, and toys. We then bought the presents and dropped them off to be wrapped.

I love it because now Sienna talks about how she bought presents for her "new" friend to open on Christmas. I think it is SO important to teach the real meaning of Christmas to Sienna!!!

1 comment:

Nana said...

What a great lesson to learn.