I guess the first thing I should talk about is that we have moved to Tennessee. Joey accepted a position at the University of Tennessee athletic department as their Sr. Assoc Athletic Director for Student Services and Asst. Provost. He will oversee the Thorton Academic Center there.
We moved in early May (May 9th to be exact) to Knoxville and what a trip that was. Cannon, Sienna, and I were in the van while Joey drove a Uhaul. Let's just say being in the car alone with your kids is not fun especially when Cannon HATES the car. One day he screamed pretty much 5 of the 8 hours we were on the road. Sienna did fine because she just watched movies the whole time but Cannon pretty much hated every mile we traveled:) We moved into a condo in downtown Knoxville while we looked for a house. It is nice but only 1000 square feet and 2 bedrooms. It can be very "comfortable" at times!
Joey started work on the 13th full force. He has a great challenge ahead of him and works very long days. I feel bad for him because most of the time when he gets home Sienna is really to play non-stop OR I am ready to hand over his kids to him! I have taken the summer off to hang out with the kids in attempts to make the transition to Knoxville easier. While it is nice to stay home, some days the only people I talk to all day long is Sienna and there is just some many things that you can say to a 4 year old:)
So I plan on writing everyday now that we are finally settled. This way everyone can keep up with us!
Sunday, June 23, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
WOW! What a big change. The house looks great! Can't wait to see more pictures. Too funny though, I drove through Knoxville on Monday! I was on my way back from Mississippi. I love Tennessee and Knoxville seems like a great place. Lee almost did a rotation there, but then we ended up doing one elsewhere. Hope you have a great summer settling in!
Post a Comment