Monday, March 22, 2010

Best Birth Week!

Yesterday concluded birth week 2010 and I have to say it was one FABULOUS week! Here are a few highlights from my week.
  • Flowers, flowers, and more flowers. Every day starting on Monday, Joey brought me home flowers. I ended up with 2 beautiful vases of flowers. (Mon-1 rose, Tues- 2 roses, Wed- 3 star gaze lillies, Thurs-4 gerber daisies, Fri-5 shasta daisies, Sat-10 tulips)
  • Thursday night we headed to Old Hawthorne for dinner. We had a great time just the 3 of us. We feasted on great food and Sienna made friends with the other members.
  • Friday was full of surprises. Joey came home from work early to take me to lunch. After lunch we did some shopping for Sienna's birthday before heading home to watch the MU game (MU won against Clemson!). After the game, Joey informed me that at 4:15 the babysitter was coming over and we were going out but would not give me any more details. At 4:15, Carla arrived to hang out with Sienna. Joey and I headed to the Parcell's house to pick them up and then head out on our adventure. We first went to the A Frame winery. Enjoying the 70 degree weather, we sat outside and had some wine. After the A Frame, it was off to Boonville to Glen's Cafe. There we ate YUMMY food and had great conversation. It was almost 8 when we headed towards the casino for the rest of the night. I had $100 to gamble and I was down to my last $10 before I won $50. Joey only lost $10 which was pretty good since we were there for 2 hours. Joe Parcell was the big winner in our group. We got home around 10:45 and then off to bed since I had to work on Saturday:)
  • Saturday we had a carry in at work for my birthday. I have to say thanks to Courtney for organizing it and making the best birthday cupcakes! Joey and Sienna stopped by to bring me my tulips and everyone was jealous:)
  • Sunday was the official day. Sienna and I slept in until 7:45 before we started to have to get ready for church. It was really nice to go to church. I really like the Crossing and it makes me sad that I work every Sunday. We did take Sienna to the "Crawler" room for the first time. She had no troubles and started playing as soon as we dropped her off. After church we headed to Taqueria for brunch. Sam Fleury and his family came along too so it was nice to have friends around. After our tummies were full, we all took naps. We then watched MU lose to West Virginia. Julia, Karly, and Katy stopped by to drop off a rhubarb crisp for me. It was super yummy! Joey then informed me that I had one last present in store for me. I had to be ready by 6:15 to head to Sophia's for dinner. What I did not know was that the Drass, Morton, Fowlers, and Parcells were all meeting us too. We had fun and I am thankful that they could join us. The day ended with putting Sienna to bed and then turning in early:)

I have to give a HUGE shout out to my husband. He was simply amazing this past week and I could not think of any other way I would want to spend my birthday. He asked me what I wanted for my birthday and I just asked him to be creative. Well he exceeded my expectations and I am so grateful that I get to call him mine:)

1 comment:

A said...

wow!!! sounds like you had a great bday weekend!!! way to go Joey!!!