Friday, March 12, 2010

Sienna is 11 months old!

The time is nearing before Sienna hits the big "1". It simply amazes me how big she has gotten. I find myself looking at previous posts and pics and thinking wow it seems like yesterday when she was like that. I do however like that she is becoming more independent. She likes to roam the house daily and try new things. I got an email yesterday that she is 48 weeks old which means in 4 weeks from today she will be one:(

Here are some fun things she does now:
  • She crawled finally. When we were in KC in the hotel, she got on all 4's and actually crawled normally. No more army/scooting crawling for her anymore. She likes to crawl on all 4's and sometimes crawl/sit scoots. Like Joey says now " Wow she is really fast"
  • Her words include: Momma, Dad, Nana, uh oh, hi, wow, up, book, and baby. She loves to talk all the time. Most of the time we have no idea what she is talking about but you can see that she is very passionate about it:)
  • She is cruising. She loves to cruise around the house. I swear she does laps all day long. I recently started calling her my spiderwoman since she scales the walls in the house.
  • Wow she is a great eater! She eats anything we give her and only dislikes a few things. She still is weird about textures since she will only eat level 2 baby food. She won't eat level 3 pasta dinners but will eat any pasta that we have and loves it. She still nurses/bottle feeds every 4 hours but we are slowly starting to wean her from that and just increase the amount of food she eats. Her routine includes: fruits and cereal in the morning, veggies for lunch and veggies/fruit and meat meal for dinner.
  • Before she got sick, Sienna was actually starting to sleep. She usually goes down around 8:30 and wakes between 7-8am. She still takes 2 naps that are usually 2-2 1/2 hours. She recently has become really attached to her taggie blanket and likes to take it everywhere with her.
  • This girl loves her stuffed animals. I am not sure why but she really loves stuffed animals. Recently if she gets upset, she wants to be comforted by a stuffed animal. She likes her giraffe, care bear, bunny, camel, or pig.
  • We completed her guppy lessons. Our last lesson was last week and Sienna officially is a guppy. She loves the water and I can't wait to see her in the pool this summer.

That is all I can think of for now. We are so proud of her and continue to be amazed and blessed to call her ours:)

1 comment:

The Stoner Family said...

I cannot believe she is going to be 1 and we are going to miss her birthday :(