Better late than never:)
I got to celebrate my 2nd Mother's Day with Sienna and Joey this past weekend. I worked the weekend so we started our celebration on Friday. We headed to Old Hawthorne for dinner that night. It was just the 3 of us but we enjoyed the food and Sienna of course had to go around and tell everyone hello and be the social butterfly. Saturday Joey made a fabulous dinner at home (grilled salmon, fresh green beans, and bread YUMMO!). Sunday was pretty cool since it was Mother's Day to all the Moms in the NICU. Some celebrating for the 1st time too:) Joey and Sienna came for lunch and brought me a very pretty bouquet of lillies. The plan for when I got home was to make homemade pizza and relax:)
When I got home from work, I was surprised to find friends Chris and Carla at our house and when I opened the door from the garage I was totally surprised to find Joey making his famous tacos (You all know that these tacos are made 1-2 times a year)! I was SO excited! Joey had been planning this special dinner all week and been hiding groceries so I could not find them:) On top of tacos, he made homemade salsa, black bean salsa, spanish rice, and pinto beans. The beans required him to simmer them for 10 hours! All of it was super yummy and I am so grateful and lucky to have Sienna as my daughter!
Thursday, May 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment