Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Parents as Teachers

I just want to start out by saying that I LOVE our parents as teachers consultant! She has given us so many developmental ideas and Sienna loves to show off her tricks everytime Ms. Jennifer comes.

We had our scheduled visit yesterday and loved it again. Due to the new budget passed, the government is cutting the PAT budget in half. They have to get rid of 1/2 of their staff and restructure who gets seen and who is not eligible for visits. Ms. Jennifer said that it looks like we will not be eligible for visits any longer because Sienna does not have any developmental delays and is on track. This made me super sad because we like to learn about what we should be looking forward to her accomplishing for the next month and what new games we can make with her. Nothing is set in stone yet but I hope she gets to come back because we love the program and the resources it offers!!

No comments: