Monday, December 20, 2010

Gingerbread houses

On Thursday Sienna and I invited Jorah, Julia, Lylah, and Dot over to make gingerbread houses. The bad part was that it was icy that morning so Lylah and Dot were not able to make it:(

My mom had sent Sienna over 20 lbs of candy to decorate the houses with. I got 5 different style of houses and put them together and had icing ready for Thursday morning. In my mind I thought that it would go smoothly well I think I forgot that I had a 20 month old:)

Sienna had an "A" frame house to decorate. I iced the first side and handed Sienna a piece of candy to put on the roof and she then put it in her mouth. I said no Sienna on the roof which she replied no mommy sienna wants it:) Well to say the least I ended up giving Sienna a bunch of veggie sticks and finished decorating her house for it because if not she would have eaten every piece of candy we had:)

Jorah on the other hand had the house that I pictured for Sienna. It had every little piece of candy on the house and was decorated just like a kid. They both had lots of fun decorating and it will definitely be a Scogin family tradition:)

No comments: