Friday, January 23, 2009

One hectic week!!!

So I know that most of you are wondering if we fell off the face of the earth since I have not posted forever but this week has been extra crazy. I will try to run down everything going on:

So last weekend as posted before was my last weekend on nights. On Saturday, Joey had recruits in the morning and I stayed home to sleep. After I came home from work on Sunday morning, I went to bed for a little bit and then we headed off to the annual Volleyball end of the season banquet. The banquet lasted until about 3:30 and then I came back home to sleep until 6 before heading back to work.

Monday was Martin Luther King Day so Joey did not have to work all day but had to attend a football meeting in the afternoon for a couple of hours. I only slept for a couple hours that day because I needed to study for the Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP)class that I took this past week. I made dinner and then hit the sack early so I could get some sleep!

Tuesday I worked during the day and to say that least I got my buns beat. I took care of a VERY sick patient and I ran around most of the day with my head chopped off. Thank goodness my other patient was acting like an angel or that would have made for a very interesting day:) I did not leave the hospital that night until 8 and met Joey along with some people from the hospital at Taqueria to celebrate my move to the day shift. We got home around 9 and both Joey and I were asleep within 15-20 minutes:)

Wednesday I participated in a NRP class that took the whole day and I left around 5:15 or so from the hosptial. Joey has been equally busy this week with it being the 1st week of classes so he has been staying late at work to try to get some stuff crossed off his "to do" list:). That night we headed to the Parcell house for dinner and played the game Loaded Questions. It was really a fun game and we had lots of fun!! Karly was very nice and made Sienna a book at school and read it to her about the months of the year. I brought it home and placed it on Sienna's bookshelf and can't wait to read it more:) We got our car seat and stroller in the mail on Wednesday and Joey put the stroller together so we are ready to go!

Thursday was our doctor's appointment (more on that later). Everything looks good and we are still on track. I went and ate lunch with my friend Laura and then ran some errands afterwards. I then came home and took a nap because I was tired. Joey and I just relaxed last night and hit the sack early.

Tonight is my last night of working a night shift. I have tomorrow off but Joey had recruits in the morning so I am not sure what our plans will be:)

Hopefully once I get back on a routine schedule life will not be so crazy!

No comments: