Friday, May 15, 2009

Joey is a professional well not really but Walmart thinks so:)

So we are gathering photos to get printed of Sienna and also some of us. On Sunday, we took some pics of the three of us using Joey's fancy camera and also the fabric we bought as the backgrounds. So I went and uploaded a couple to Walmart to get printed so we can take them this weekend to hand out to my family. I paid for the 1 hour photo so they would be done in time and went to Walmart to pick them up.

Here is how the conversation with the sales clerk went.

Sales: Name please
Me: Scogin
Sales: Mam I am sorry but I cannot release these photos to you
Me: Why is there a problem?
Sales: We are not allowed to reprint professional photos without the written consent from the photographer
Me: HaHa! We did not have these professionally taken, my husband took them at our house with our camera
Sales: Well I am sorry but they look professional so we are going to need to have him fill out these copyright release form and he will need to come and get the photos himself.

(ok by this time I am trying not to laugh out loud but I understand the policy)

Me: So I can't fill out the form?
Sales: No, not unless you were the one who pushed the button on the camera.
Me: Ok then I will have him come by later today.
Sales: I am sorry for the trouble but it is the law. I could lose my job if I released these without consent. (I am glad he takes his job seriously:)
Me: I understand and I hope you know you just made my husband's week by thinking that these are professional.

So here are the pics that we got printed. As you can see Joey is quite the professional:)

2 comments:

The Barnes Crew said...

You can't blame the dude...the 1st two for sure look professional!! Although, those Wal-Mart photo lab people are a piece of work...I've had a couple run-in's with them!

Jenny Molina said...

OK so I have to agree with the Walmart employee! Very good pics! I would hire him!