Monday, March 9, 2009

Interesting morning

So yesterday at work I noticed that my right ankle was pretty swollen compared to the left ankle. I was not sure why since I have not twisted my ankle or hurt myself in any other way. Since I was at work, I tried to keep my feet elevated as much as possible but still when I left work it looked a tad bit bigger. So I started to look at some of my old OB nursing notes and textbooks to see why this might be occuring.

When I woke up this morning, the ankle and mid-calf was swollen but it did not hurt but was just achy. I took my blood pressure once I got to work and then called Dr. Morse's office to get their opinion. After talking with them, I left work to get my leg dopplered to rule out a possibility of a blood clot. I met Joey at the hospital at 1:30 and had my leg dopplered. There was not a blood clot on the ultrasound and they are not sure why one leg is swollen why the other is not. I am to keep an eye out for any more swelling, redness, or pain.

I guess it is just one of those weird pregnancy things.