Friday, December 19, 2008

A good week

Since Joey is leaving for San Antonio early on Tuesday we decided to do something special every night this week to make up for the fact that we are spending Christmas apart.

Monday, as I posted before Joey and I went to dinner at our favorite restaurant Murry's. It was nice to have dinner out and even splurge on dessert.

Tuesday, we had dinner with our friends the Smith's at Taqueria (our favorite Mexican's place). After dinner, Tory and Drew came back to our house so that Drew and Joey could get some quality time on the PS3. I think they will come back again even though Joey beat Drew in NCAA football:)

Wednesday Santa left a note in the morning for us to say that he was leaving our presents under the tree around lunchtime. So I headed to lunch with 2 of my former student workers in the Ag Econ department. It was good to see them and get caught up. Joey came home from work that day around 4:30 or so and our stockings were full with some presents under the tree. We acted like it was Christmas morning and opened our gifts and then I made a BIG breakfast for dinner that night. It was lots of fun and Santa got me everything on my list:)

Thursday, Joey and I had lunch together. It was actually one of his grad assistant's birthday lunch but he invited me along. Joey has a great group of workers and they always make me laugh. Christin, Jackson, and Christin's mom came by to give Sienna her Christmas gifts. They gave her 2 really cute outfits and a baby calendar. I took pics and will post them later (I am at work right now). When Joey got home that night, he had another present. Since we made it to the Big 12 champoinship, Joey received a new Nikon Coolpix camera. It works out perfect because we were getting ready to buy a smaller camera for the diaper bag. So we both got new cameras within a week and both have some reading to do! Joey also found out on Thursday that he was going to go to Jefferson City on friday to trade out his vehicle with a new one so we spent Thursday night cleaning out his car.

Friday, Joey and I headed to Jeff City to trade out his vehicle and we were really happy when we got there and he had another Exploxer waiting for him. This one is black so it makes Joey look super cool:) After getting back from Jeff, I took a nap this afternoon since I work tonight and tomorrow. I cooked dinner for Joey and I before I left for work and Joey was working on assembling furniture tonight. I hope to use my new camera to upload new pics of the furniture tomorrow or so.

No comments: