Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Adventures with Uncle Matthew

So yesterday Sienna and I headed to KC to see my brother Matthew before he heads off to NYC next week. Sienna was perfect on the way there and slept the entire way with not even a peep. We hung out at Matthew's house where we played and talked. We then headed out for an early dinner at this really good burger place called Blanc burgers and bottles (I would suggest this if you are ever in Westport). They had these truffle fries that were to die for:)

After dinner we headed back to Matthew's and it was pouring rain outside. Once we pulled up, Matthew was grabbing the diaper bag for me while I was going to get Sienna and make a run for the front door. I opened the back door to my Escape used the remote to lock the doors. I then reached in to grab Sienna and we ran to the door. Once we got into the house, I reached down for my keys that I had put in my pocket and they were not there. I frantically look everywhere before heading back out in the rain to find them on the back seat and the doors are locked. Great just what I needed to be stuck in KC with a 7 week old baby and it raining cats and dogs outside. I called to local Ford dealership to see if I gave them my VIN number that they could cut me a new key. I explained to the parts manager the situation that I was from out of town and had my 7 week old baby with me and my keys were locked inside my car. Well he said he could get me a key if I have had my vehicle serviced with them. HELLO I am from out of town so he suggested that I call the dealership that I bought the car from and try to get a key code from them. If they had it then the KC dealership could possibly make a key from that. So I quickly call Joe Machens here because it was close to closing time but they said since I bought the car used from them that they do not have the code. Great looks like either Joey is heading west or I am staying the night:) However, the Joe Machens guy said he would try to go to the Ford website and enter my information there to see if the code is there. Well it was there thank goodness!! I call the KC dealership back with the code and the manager informs me that since I have anti-theft on my car then it will cost me to have th key made. Great because oh yeah my purse is in the car too:) So I had to borrow $$ from Matthew to get the key made. After a 30 minute drive there and a 30 minute drive back to Matthew's house I arrive with my brand new key for it to open the doors!!! Matthew watched Sienna when I went to get the key so they had some bonding time before we left KC around 7:45.

On the way home Sienna slept until Booneville and then decided that she wanted to scream the last 20 miles of the car ride home. Needless to say she did not sleep well last night after our traumatic night but we were so happy to see Matthew before he embarks on his new adventure!!!

2 comments:

The Stoner Family said...

OMG! That is too funny, I mean of course now that you are home! I would have been freaking out.

p.s. I love your picture of you and joey and sienna...too cute

Jenny said...

Don't you just love motherhood! Glad you were able to spend some time with Matthew, but sorry about the car trouble!