So it has been forever since I have blogged and that is because we have been traveling. Last Wednesday Joey, Sienna and I headed to KC because Joey was heading to Miami on Thursday morning. In KC, we ate at Arthur Bryant's BBQ which was super good and I ate a ton. It is kind of a hole in the wall place but definitely worth it. We then checked into the hotel for the night. That night there was a HUGE thunderstorm and Sienna kept waking up to the very loud thunder which meant when the alarm went off at 5 am it was way too soon. We got Joey to the airport at 6:15 so he could head south. Sienna and I then kept driving west to Salina so we could spend the next 4 days with my family. I was blessed that Sienna slept the whole way to Salina that morning!!!
Thursday was the start of the annual Smokey Hill River Festival in Salina. On Friday morning, Megan, Bayleigh, Hudson, my mom, Sienna and I headed to the festival to enjoy some music, crafts and of course food! Sienna did great but we tried to use the Baby Bjorn and she is still a little too small for it yet.
Friday was Joey and my 5 year wedding anniversary which we spent in seperate cities for the past 2 years (we are celebrating on Tuesday night this week instead). We both are amazed that it has been 5 years since we were in Jamaica because it seems like yesterday. Mom, Dad, Sienna and I headed back to the festival that night to enjoy some music and food. The weather was perfect and Sienna loved the music. She just sat there and watched the trees and laughed.
Saturday and Sunday involved more festival activities and fun with the cousins. Hudson is becoming such a little man. He was not too sure about Sienna again but started to warm up to her more and kept saying "Baby" and pointing to her when she was upset. He also like to give her some bear hugs but we had to limit those so he liked to hug really hard:) Bayleigh loved holding Sienna and I think those two will be really close.
I started to believe that my mom had some sleeping magic going on in her house. Sienna on Thursday night slept for 4 hour intervals and slept in that day until 9:30. On Friday night she slept for 6 1/2 hours before she woke up for the first time to eat and woke up at 8:30. Saturday sealed the deal when once again she slept for 6 hours before waking for the first time. I started to think maybe we were turning a corner but then last night she went back to sleeping for 3 1/2 hours before she wanted to eat. Since her schedule was messed up last night, maybe tonight will be better.
Joey made it back from Miami on Sunday on time but Southwest lost his luggage so he is without his clothes, shoes, and bathroom stuff until tomorrow. They located his bag and sent it FedEx to us:)
Well since Joey claims that I am writing a book over here, I think I am done for now. I will post some pics soon once I get them from Megan:)
Monday, June 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment